Church of Christ the King

The Church of Christ the King is the oldest parish in Belgrade and in Belgrade Archdiocese. It is located in 23 Krunska Street. Until 1988, it was the cathedral church of the Belgrade Archdiocese. That year, the Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Vračar became the cathedral church. The...

(cc)Lumen roma/CC BY-SA 4.0

  • The Church of Christ the King is the oldest parish in Belgrade and in Belgrade Archdiocese. It is located in 23 Krunska Street.
  • Until 1988, it was the cathedral church of the Belgrade Archdiocese. That year, the Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Vračar became the cathedral church.
  • The beginnings of the parish date back to the second half of the 19th century. In 1888, the chapel of St. Ladislaus was built in the yard of today’s church, and nowadays it represents a part of the Church.
  • The church was officially founded in 1924, and during 1926 it was expanded and reached its current size.
  • The first pipe organ was played in this church in 1927, and is still used today.

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap